Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Illustration Friday - Strong

 
mixed media on vellum
There were two quotes that inspired me for this week's IF theme.  
The first one is:
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." - Frederick Douglass
And the second:
"Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong." - Winston Churchill
Another very quickly finished piece, completed within about two hours.  If I hadn't gotten it done this evening, I am afraid I would have missed participating this week.  So needless to say, I wish I could have spent more time on it, but isn't that always true. 
I have nearly completed the cards for my Chimerical Critter ATC swap and will be posting those within a day or so.  I originally misunderstood the instructions and thought I was to make six cards of the same animal.  Instead, I was supposed to make one each of the animal combinations proposed by my swapmates.  I'm glad I reread the instructions before I got started.  It was much more fun to create six different critters than to do six versions of one "toubster".  I will be receiving six toubsters in the mail from the other participants at the end of the swap.  Fun!

2 comments:

  1. I like the illustration, and your quotes that inspired them. I had one of these swings when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how I'd love to be in that swing right now! This is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.