Friday, July 9, 2010

Baby Basket


Three Babies in a Basket in a Basket

I wonder if early man/woman looked at bird's nests when he/she, first decided to make a basket.  It seems like a logical connection.  These are the three mockingbird babies that hatched from the eggs/nest I painted a couple of weeks ago.   You can see the nest painting if you scroll down about four blog posts.   The eggs are a beautiful turquoise color with deep rusty red spots.

The nursery is in my bicycle basket on the carport.  They don't look like much here, but these babies are growing really fast.  I will try to document them every few days to show their progression.  Luckily my cats are indoors only or I would worry a lot more about momma bird's choice of location. 

Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.