Sunday, July 18, 2010

Illustration Friday #52! - Breakfast

IHOP Breakfast
water media on rag paper, 9 x 12

ONE FULL YEAR OF ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY!

This weeks illustration is my 52nd consecutive weekly submission to Illustration Friday, meaning I have reached my goal of participating for a full year!  This week's word was a bit of a bonus since it gave me an excuse to visit my favorite breakfast restaurant, The International House of Pancakes, or as most Americans know it, IHOP.  My husband John and I went for breakfast yesterday morning as a sort of mini celebration for having made it through the whole year.  

As you can see, I had one of my favorite selections, the stuffed french toast combo, with scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns,strawberry stuffed french toast, and ironically, a diet Coke. :) (I'm not a coffee drinker)  John had something called loaded minion taters that IHOP is promoting with the "Dispicable Me" movie that recently came out.  His came with a tater tot casserole, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and an added side of bacon.  

We came hungry.  We left happy!




15 comments:

  1. Very cool! Great illustration and congrats on 1 year. You deserve the IHOP special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you drew the Coke with ice in the glasses. The whole breakfast is sooooo American.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello congrats on 52 consecutives, That must be close to a record/ You know this one made me hungry. The glasses came out superbly and sausages... I gotto go and cook myself some brekkie

    see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your watercoloring is amaizing! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COngratulations on completing the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has real atmosphere! Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my. what a mouth watering illo. love the style and all the little details of this piece, its really beautiful. and hey Congrats on yer one yr :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on completing a year! Lovely illo, and now I'm totally hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a whole a year of 52 illos! Good for you. That's quite an accomplishment! As for the illo -YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the year! Nice one to cap it off...looks pretty tasty...really like the detail work and form established...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank-you for the kind comments. I have to repeat what others have said.. it looks delicious, it's making me hungry and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the coke looks amazing! Great image and a wonderful way to share your celebration. Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice rich and clean colours! love the statement too, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If your favorite drink is diet coke (which is the case with me, except when there's crystal lite lemonade on hand), it doesn't matter whether one is having rice cakes or cheese cake! No irony perceived here because it makes perfect sense. Love the line quality of the white edges to the glassware!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on one full year! What a great feat, considering how easy it could be to slack off just for one little old week. Breakfast looks yummy in your neck of the woods, er blogs. Cheers!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.