Friday, March 4, 2011

Old IF entry wins Best in Show


Who would have thought that a small drawing created last year as an Illustration Friday entry would lead me to fame and fortune?  OK...no real fame and only a small $200 award.  But still, I am very proud to say that this small colored pencil drawing won Best in Show at last nights opening of Main Street Gallery's juried still life exhibit.   What a truly fantastic surprise!


The show will be hanging from March 3rd - April 12.  If you find yourself in downtown Tyler Texas, stop by to see all of the beautiful artwork created by East Texas artists!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I really love this piece. I adore birds, and have many at my feeder, but have a hard time drawing them...I suppose if I can draw dead bees, it's a similar situation. I know that the masterful Beatrux Potter used to draw dead animals a lot...and look how good she was! Well done, and thanks for your kind comment on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment on my work, Sally! stopped by to see your work and I really dig this still life of the bird. beautiful warm tones and textural line work. graceful.

    best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome drawing...I think I commented before but it is definitely worth the comment again...

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie. Let me know what you think.